In 1970, The Dog House first opened its doors to serve Durham the best hot dogs in town and now operates 5 locations throughout Durham and Hillsborough NC.
In 1970, The Dog House first opened its doors to serve Durham the best hot dogs in town and now operates 5 locations throughout Durham and Hillsborough NC. Owned and operated by the Henderson family for Forty-five years, the business was purchased in 2015 by Mike Martin with the original owner, Joan Henderson, staying on as Director of Operations. Under new ownership the business has adhered strictly to its core values while taking the necessary steps to allow franchises.
Our hot dogs, named after popular dog breeds such as Bull-Dog, Boxer, Collie, etc. are the cornerstone of our business. Our toppings (Chili, and slaw) are made from family recipes with the freshest ingredients. The Family sides of Brunswick stew, baked beans and hot apple turnovers make for a perfect addition to any meal.
The Dog House restaurants operate under a simple business model that focuses on selling our signature hot dogs with fresh toppings using family recipes that have kept customers coming back for 45 years. Our trademarked dog house themed buildings and menu names make for a unique eating experience that customers have come to recognize and enjoy. Join our team and experience it for yourself!
When you join the Dog House team as a franchise owner, you will receive outstanding support in a number of different exciting areas:
– Operational Support
– Accounting and Legal Support
– Marketing Support
– Ongoing Research and Development
– Purchasing Support
– 2 weeks of training at the Dog House HQ in Durham, NC beginning approximately 8-12 weeks before the franchise is scheduled to open for business
– 1 week of training at your location to get your business started.
– 2 sessions per year, which can be up to 2 days of refresher/update training or meetings in each session
– Ongoing support and guidance in building and operating your business
When you join the Dog House team you have the choice of a new start-up business or you can convert your current restaurant to be under the Dog House umbrella. When you join the Dog House team you will be given an exclusive territory of approximately 50,000 – 100,000 population base to develop. The Dog House is always looking for expansion opportunities in new markets!
Qualifications recommended for potential franchise owners:
– Strong Sales and Client Service Abilities
– Good with Timing and Schedule Management
– High Personal Standards
– Able to Meet Initial Investment Requirements
– Strong Sense of Integrity in Corporate and Client Relationships
– A Willingness and Commitment to Excellent Service
Targeted experiences for potential franchise owners may include:
– Franchise Operations or Hospitality Service Industry
– Restaurant Industry Experience
– Experienced Business Owner and/or Managerial Experience
Our franchise fee is $30,000. Complete the form for more detailed financial information.
Our proven processes, expert marketing, in-depth training and superior franchise support will help you build your own successful business, one you can be proud of.
You hear the word “transparency” get thrown around a lot when you are talking about business transactions, but Veterans Own Franchises not only throws the word around, it is the basis of who we are. Clear cut, detailed information from all parties can ensure that the buying/selling transaction is satisfactory to everyone involved. It is the easier way to do business. We offer a central location where you can do your research whether you are a buyer or a seller to find out more about: